Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wood!

Today the weather cooperated very well, it was cool and breezy til the evening. Sunday we got the walls finished to the 10th course, a bond beam. Monday we took a break, I'd been at it hard for 6 days in a row and I was beat!
Today, my grandpa used the backhoe to dump soil in for the floor, Dan tamped it down and spread it out. We got the perforated drain tile in withouut too much damage to its sock. Then we put in the north and south top plates and the 2 outside joists! It's looking more and more complete everyday! I also confirmed delivery for Thursday of the materials for the shelving which we should be able to start building soon (once the roof is done). There is still muuch to do and about 9 more working days left til I leave.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity to practice my building skills as well as the chance to learn from professionals wwho have been kind enough to offer advice and help and I'm greatful Daniel's wrist is better so he can help me; I couldn't do this alone for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment