Monday, September 19, 2011

Chillin', planning for exploring Portland this week

Hanging out in Beaverton with the cats, today was a rainy crafty day (mostly painting and a bit of drawing). Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice so I'm researching places to eat in Portland. If you weren't aware, Portland is a foodie town. I plan to eat well. The issue I'm having now is deciding on a place to go! I've written up a list of things I'd like to check out, so tomorrow when I'm wandering on bicycle I have some options!

Fine Dining:
Veritable Quandry
Natural Selection

Mid range dining:
Apizza Scholls (whole pies)
Laurelhurst Market
Clyde Commons

Cheap Eats:
Le Bistro Montage (been once before, had alligator)
The Canvas Art Bar & Bistro
Portland Food Carts ("pods" all over the place)
Pok Pok Whiskey Soda Lounge

Drinks:
Kir
The Bye and Bye - (my friend Laura's favorite place, I've been a few times and want to go back!)

Dessert:
Papa Hadyn
Pix Patisserie
Voodoo Donuts
Alder Pastry & Dessert

Activities/ things to check out:
Chinese Garden
The Kennedy School (A McMenamins cinema/pub)
The Mission (another McMenamins cinema/pub)
Pittock mansion
Washington Park
Rose Test Garden
Brewvana - brewery tours (out of my budget though at $60)
Museum of Contemporary Craft
The Hat Museum (too steep, $15 and a reservation)

Outings:
Oneonta George
Ainsworth State Park
Sauvie Island Farms
Columbia River
Hoyt Arboretum

Things I'd like to draw:
The Bridges
Beaverton Library
Saturday Market - sketching people

And now suddenly it's 1am... I need to go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment