Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mentally preparing

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain


This is what I am doing. I have moments where I want to hold on to a "normal job", 9 to 5, sitting at a desk, making money, having coworkers, regularity, schedule and stability. Then I remember that this is something I've dreamed of doing since the end of college and even the end of high school and I'm finally in a place where it makes sense. (My only commitment is my cell phone bill and student loans, which are held at bay with my AmeriCorps education award for at least a year).

The hard part right now is trying not to talk myself out it and shy away back into my comfort zone/the status-quo. I must remember that I am excited to see where my travels take me; I am excited to meet myself out there, on the road, meeting new people, exploring, trying to find ways to make money to keep the travels going. I'm curious to see if I will miss Brooklyn or find a new city I want to call home. I know I will miss my Brooklyn friends... I have lived here for the most part of 10 years but I'm ready to explore and see what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment